I think it's important to come to some consensus on what it actually means to associate with cyber/ industrial culture. People inevitably ask why you dress in all black or obsess about technology so what do you say? I do not associate with this culture just to justify a dress style, it's arguably a worldview or lifestyle but about what exactly?
In my opinion some values/ attributes are:
- DIY/ self-reliance mindset (accept no one in this world can help you except yourself)
- distrust of large organizations (corporations, governments and religions)
- knowledge of technology (programming, general information technology and digital media production)
- darker fashion sense (wearing black, boots, camo, neon or anything that obscures or contrasts you from the rest of the world)
- being sort of healthy (dance, run, hike, etc. while so much of the world sits and watches TV)
- self-experimentation/ improvement (bio-hacking, drugs, use of productivity tools and methods to increase time efficiency)
- respect for others of the same mindset (acknowledge and gravitate towards people who do things differently)
What are your personal impressions of what worldview cyber/ industrial is about?